On Monday Tiger Woods announced that he will be making his return to competitive golf. Woods will be attending the 2017 Hero World Challenge in the Bahamas on November 30th.
“I am excited to return to competitive golf at the Hero World Challenge,” Woods told Sharfman. “Albany is the perfect setting and it will be great to join this outstanding field. I want to thank Pawan Munjal and Hero MotoCorp for their continued support of this tournament and my foundation. I would also like to thank the fans for their unwavering support during my injury.”
— Tiger Woods (@TigerWoods) October 30, 2017
Woods’ last tournament was at the Farmers Insurance Open back in January, where he failed to make the cut.
The Hero World Challenge is a fitting tournament for Tiger, as he’s a five-time winner of the event as well as an unofficial PGA Tour event run by Woods’s foundation at Albany, a resort in the Bahamas. It’s a no-cut, 18-player event.
Last month Woods admitted that he could “definitely” see a scenario in which he doesn’t return to competitive golf. He was also asked if he still had the belief in himself, if 100 percent healthy, to become the best golfer in the world again.
“I don’t know what 100 percent means after eight surgeries, but I’ll try and get as close as I can to that number, yes,” he said. “But as I said, we just take it one step at a time. It’s a process, and I’m in no hurry.”
We are now only a month away from finding out what this latest return to golf will mean for Tiger.